There’s nothing like the New Year for setting goals and making changes. We do it every year, so why not do it for our pets, too?
Here are a few things you can do to help keep your pet healthy this new year:
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight;
- Exercise your pet;
- Feed your pet a balanced, nutritious diet;
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year to make sure your pet is healthy and to help detect problems earlier;
- Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases such as distemper, parvo, panleukopenia and rabies;
- Keep your pet free of parasites (fleas, ticks, heartworm, etc.) – consult your veterinarian for the best product for your pet;
- Spay/neuter your pet.
**If your pet is overweight, talk with us about weight management plans to get your pet headed in the right direction for 2015.